Last time, we featured author, inventor and co-founder of SuperBetter, Jane McGonigal to discuss about her upcoming new book, "SuperBetter: A Revolutionary Approach to Getting Stronger, Happier, Braver and More Resilient". Supported by a decade’s worth of scientific research, Jane reveals how adopting a “gameful” mindset can help cultivate new powers of recovery and resilience in everyday life.
Watch the full interview below to learn about:
- What were the challenges of of turning a gameful system into a scientific proven approach?
- Are there conditions that games/gamification/gameful thinking would not be able to help improve an individual’s well being?
- How does Superbetter and games in general contribute to the development of a person’s resilience?
- Does gameplay in the virtual world provide sufficient impact in the “real” world?
- How would a user experience SuperBetter if they are lacking social connections or “allies”?
- How does the Tetris Effect improves an individual’s self control in memory recollection rather than erasing memory in trauma research?
- Why does Jane introduces readers to the concept of gameful thinking and a series of small games introduced through the medium of a book?
- How does Jane overcome environmental resistance and groups who are bias against games?
Watch the video or listen on the audio podcast below and be sure to catch our next episode of the Gamification Revolution.